The medicines and technology have connected to offer the best services to all patients. The healthcare industry always needs more advanced techniques so that patients don’t suffer because of the lack of them. Telemedicine is one such area that has helped numerous patients from all over the world. With the help of a Telemedicine Doctor, you can get the treatment remotely. It saves time, money and effort for both patients and doctors.
It is a general term used for getting treatment from doctors using the means of technology such as emails, video chats, phone calls and text messages. This has become possible because of the availability of advanced gadgets and devices such as mobile phones, computers, laptops and webcams. Regardless of your location, you can still connect with the doctor and get the medicine prescribed.
Who can go for telemedicine?
The doctor is available through phone or video calling systems and you just have to take a prior appointment. There is no need to visit the clinic physically.
You can consider telemedicine as your option in the following scenarios:
- Have limited means of transportation
- Lives in a rural area where you cannot find a doctor
- You are away from your home and need medical attention
Taking telemedicine appointments
Majorly, you can take the appointment in two ways as mentioned below:
- Through a portal- Mostly, the official website of a doctor has an online form for patients. They have to fill up the details such as user name, password, a reason to contact the doctor and others. Once they complete the form, the doctor or medical staff gets the alerts or emails.
- Virtual telemedicine appointments- You can take virtual appointments with the help of video conferences or phone calls. These appointments are the best for behavioral or mental health and urgent healthcare.
Replacement for physical visits?
Regardless of the unlimited benefits of telemedicine, it is strongly recommended to ask your doctor whether you should continue taking medicine or treatment through telemedicine or opt for physical visits. If you have a prolonged illness, he may ask you to visit the clinic after a few weeks or days. It is suggested to follow his instructions and visit his clinic or hospital.
You should inform your doctor if you are following some special routine or lifestyle. Depending on your medical condition, he will be able to inform you the best way.